Thursday, October 11, 2018

As a line manager how can you help your team members to learn?




Rachel Burnham writes: Last Friday I was preparing a session for a group of managers I am supporting through a CMI programme and I was thinking about practical things that they could do to support their team members to learn.   Of course, I started to think how could I present this in a Sketchnote.   And then I realised how much better this would be if I asked for contributions from my Personal Learning Network (PLN), so I shared this idea via Twitter. 

I received lots of contributions through the day and then put my Sketchnote together at the end of the working day.   However, the original tweet got retweeted several times and ideas kept coming in throughout the weekend.  I hate to waste a good idea, so I curated these into a Twitter Moment.  

As an aside, Twitter Moments are a great tool for gathering together a few Tweets - they are very easy to use and you can keep adding to them before you publish, so they are very useful for situations when you want to keep a whole Twitter conversation, but perhaps a Wakelet isn't required.  It made me realise I could make more use of Twitter Moments.    

The Sketchnote and Moment have been shared a lot over the course of the last week, so I thought it would be sensible to include them within my blog.  And here they both are – with many, many thanks to all who shared their ideas:


Here is the Twitter Moment.





I will put a larger version of the Sketchnote at the very end of this post. 


Rachel Burnham

11/10/18

Burnham L & D works with individuals and organisations to help them learn and work more effectively.  As part of this I help L&D professionals to be even more effective through updating their skills and know-how.  I have a particular interest in curation and the use of digital technologies in learning.  I frequently Sketchnote at events and offer workshops in Sketchnoting.  







1 comment:

  1. very well explained thanks for sharing your valuable blog these are very useful to me.
    Adaptive Personalized Learning


    ReplyDelete